Identifying and hiring top-performing teams was one of the biggest challenges the MindSky founding team faced prior to starting this company. Like most employers in East Africa, we struggled to find great hires, despite the hundreds of applications we received for every position from many eager job seekers. Conventional job boards and newspaper advertisements yielded plenty of applicant volume, but not enough quality. Recruitment agencies were expensive and didn’t always understand our hiring needs.
Hiring top talent is frequently cited by employers as the greatest constraint to their growth. Despite this, unemployment in East Africa remains very high and many job seekers are unable to find meaningful work. We created MindSky, a technology platform connecting job seekers and employers, to address this disconnect in the job market.
MindSky functions as a smarter job board. Employers advertise their jobs on MindSky, but unlike a traditional job board, MindSky pre-screens for quality. Because our job board is for MindSky members only, all applicants must pass our standardized soft skills assessment to gain access to our job board. The result is a smaller, higher-quality talent pool for the employer to choose from. MindSky is free for job seekers; all they have to do is apply for membership!
The Business Development Lead owns MindSky employer relationships and all external facing activities. This pivotal role is responsible for driving all sales of job posts for the MindSky job board and identifying any other revenue generating opportunities that make sense for the business. The Business Development Lead must be energetic with an ability to persuade employers to choose MindSky members as the best candidates for positions across a wide variety of industries. Your focus must be revenue-driven and client-focused, while being passionate about the MindSky platform and our mission to connect excellent talent with meaningful careers. The role requires a consultative, empathetic, and creative approach when introducing our services to new clients and the Kigali professional community. You are the official MindSky cheerleader to our external partners and a crucial piece in providing our Membership with access to world-class employers.
- Increase adoption of MindSky platform by employers and partners, persuasively communicating the value proposition and ensuring understanding of all the features and benefits.
- Identify a steady stream of new potential clients and grow existing business by expanding the number and type of employer job orders.
- Represent and promote the MindSky brand and services at networking events, business functions, and local conferences, and find new and creative ways to discover new lead generation opportunities.
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Inform tech, product, talent, and pricing colleagues on employer feedback, requests, and perceived gaps. Follow up with our clients to get their feedback and ensure they remain hapy with our service.
- Set monthly targets in collaboration with Talent Management in order to provide a steady stream of job orders and ensure complete fulfillment.
- Work with the Talent team to support fulfillment by managing requests for extension of deadlines, acquiring additional information from employers on job posts, and communicating unique and specific requirements.
- Record leads, meetings, and outcomes in SalesForce promptly and diligently.
- Manage invoice and billing process. Create, record, and file invoices. Follow up on payment.
- Occasionally, manage and negotiate relationships with other technology partners, as well as contribute to ideas for new revenue opportunities.
- Maintain a pulse on developing HR technology and other job sites in the region, as well as becoming an expert on employer wants and pain points.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years demonstrated B2B sales/business development and partnerships experience
- Established employer contacts in Kigali
- Polished, articulate and credible in client communication
- Be numbers and deadline-driven. Able to set targets and consistently achieve and surpass them.
- Metrics orientation, ability to work with data, and willingness to track results, activities, and outreach using Salesforce.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to come up with new ideas and advise on new revenue streams and offerings
- Growth mindset, constantly seeking to improve, taking constructive criticism well and having a desire to provide feedback and guidance to others.
- We take client service seriously. Therefore, our deadline-driven culture is ingrained and absolute.
- Passionate about workforce development and creating career connections and opportunities in Rwanda
- Advanced Kinyarwanda language skills required.
Benefits and Perks
- Very flexible and young work environment.
- Unlimited vacation — we treat you like an adult. Just get your work done!
- Fun startup culture.