Identifying and hiring top-performing teams was one of the biggest challenges the MindSky founding team faced prior to starting this company. Like most employers in East Africa, we struggled to find great hires, despite the hundreds of applications we received for every position from many eager job seekers. Conventional job boards and newspaper advertisements yielded plenty of applicant volume, but not enough quality. Recruitment agencies were expensive and didn’t always understand our hiring needs.
Hiring top talent is frequently cited by employers as the greatest constraint to their growth. Despite this, unemployment in East Africa remains very high and many job seekers are unable to find meaningful work. We created MindSky, a technology platform connecting job seekers and employers, to address this disconnect in the job market.
MindSky functions as a smarter job board. Employers advertise their jobs on MindSky, but unlike a traditional job board, MindSky pre-screens for quality. Because our job board is for MindSky members only, all applicants must pass our standardized soft skills assessment to gain access to our job board. The result is a smaller, higher-quality talent pool for the employer to choose from. MindSky is free for job seekers; all they have to do is apply for membership!
MindSky is looking for an intern to support the Talent team. We are a dynamic early-stage start-up so you must be comfortable working at a fast pace and taking on new tasks with a positive attitude and enthusiasm. This position has a lot of potential for growth and advancement for an ambitious and hard-working candidate. We will train you, develop you professionally, and give you the opportunity to share new ideas. A travel stipend will be provided.
Main duties include:
- Support Talent team by scheduling Member interviews
- Office management– ensuring supplies are consistently in stock
- Research as needed
- Filing and keeping digital records of receipts
- Manage and reconcile Petty Cash tracker, working with your Manager
- Greet MindSky Members
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills in both keeping team informed and in interaction with Members
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Able to accept feedback positively with a desire to improve and develop professionally
- Background in accounting, not required, but preferred