Position: Business Systems Manager
Location: Hong Kong
The Akilah Group is looking for an extraordinary Business Systems Manager (BSM), based out of our Hong Kong office. The Akilah Group is a collection of social enterprises that uses innovative educational models and technology to achieve transformational change in African communities.
AkilahNet is a curated talent marketplace that connects employers and top talent in East Africa. AkilahNet was launched in 2015.
The Akilah Institute is the only women’s college in Rwanda and Burundi. The Akilah Institute opened in 2010.
The Business Systems Manager (BSM) will play a lead role in ensuring that the Akilah Group is implementing and maintaining systems-enabled solutions that allow staff across the organization to do their jobs in a more efficient and effective manner. The BSM will coordinate the execution of best practices related to implementation, administration, training, maintenance, and data quality across all business systems. In addition, the Business Systems Manager will serve as the system administrator for our Salesforce.com platform, serving approximately 30 users across the globe, as well as overseeing all new Salesforce feature development, implementation and training.
S/he is also responsible for identifying and evaluating any potential alternative solutions to ensure that the organization is positioned to be successful for years to come. This position requires business analyst skills, as it will require the individual to meet with stakeholders in the business, prioritize requests, manage projects, and translate non-technical requirements to technical audiences and vice-versa. Attention to detail and a high level of organization are a must.
You will work directly for our CEO and co-founder and collaborate with our global team in New York City and Kigali, Rwanda. This position will require annual travel to our campus in Rwanda.
Desired skills, experience & qualifications:
Business Information Systems Implementation & Strategy
Responsible for recommending and implementing best practices with regards to administration of business information systems (including student information system, HR systems, and Salesforce) and coordinating with staff to ensure related policies and procedures are being implemented across the organization.
In this role, you will own the design, architecture, development and ongoing support of our Salesforce instance. You’ll manage all integrations and records and arm teams at both Institute and Net with valuable insights and processes to help scale our operations, overseeing all new feature development, implementation and training.
- Manage Website-to-Salesforce integration
- Responsible for report and dashboard creation (Conga Composer experience preferred)
- Work with end users to provide best practices and tips on Salesforce usage including in-person and virtual training, documentation and support as necessary
- Responsible for testing Quality Assurance (QA) of new custom objects and features
- Manage administration of AppExchange apps such as DemandTools, Dataloader.io, etc.
- Manage and maintain third party apps and make recommendations on tools that will provide better user experiences and efficiencies
- Leverage Salesforce’s out of the box solutions (Workflows, validation rules, field updates etc.) and Apex programming platform along with Visualforce to increase efficiency for the team
- Manage custom dashboards, fields, objects and triggers and troubleshoot issues within the system and previously created custom fields, objects and triggers
- Manage Akilah’s Salesforce add-ons and applications (GridBuddy, Mailchimp, Apsona, DrawLOOP, Click & Pledge, Cirrus Insight, SurveyToGo)
- Run reports and create other actionable data for use by Group teams
- Work closely with Group teams to review operational processes and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for automation
- Communicate with the Finance team to ensure that all Opportunities are being logged in our accounting system and that our fundraising progress is being accurately captured
- Train and educate staff on relevant Salesforce operations to ensure that all employees are using Salesforce correctly
- Lead on special projects related to the integration of Salesforce into all aspects of the Group
- Develop and deliver trainings on business information systems.
- Maintaining and furthering technical knowledge by attending webinars, workshops, and reviewing professional publications
- Experience troubleshooting issues with business systems across multiple devices and platforms;
We’re looking for:
- Expert problem solver; ability to agilely assess, become acutely proficient in all types of technology, and execute these functions in a timely manner;
- Ability to map out a project from start to finish and account for all possible scenarios;
- MS Excel and MS Word, specifically when used to manipulate and analyze data (Excel VLookup and Pivot Tables a must);
- Knowledge of databases and web servers preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
This position will require periodic evening calls with our New York Team (~8-10 pm HK time).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
- 2+ years of Salesforce implementation experience, ideally involving apex programming and visualforce
- Salesforce Certified Administrator, Developer and/or Advanced Administrator
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or a similarly technically focused degree
- At least two years of experience directly with Salesforce.com and strong skill set in Salesforce development and administration.
- Experience on Information systems administration including serving as system administrator for key business applications.
- Strong skill sets in systems implementation, administration, training, maintenance and data quality.
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
- Passion for the Akilah Group’s mission of using education and technology to achieve transformational change in African communities.
- A keen desire to develop your skill-set further through self-learning and training courses
- An aptitude for learning new systems
- Good inter-personal, negotiation, and requirement-gathering skills – with the ability to present solutions
- The ability to task-manage to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
- Flexibility: Ability to set your own schedule and periodically working remotely
- Ability for international travel to visit and work from our offices in Rwanda and New York
- Collaboration with a global team and community of donors, investors, and thought leaders in African economic development and technology
- Generous benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, access to medical coverage, and more.
- Ability to sponsor a visa for an expat
- Work closely with our CEO in our office on Arbuthnot Road, Central
How to apply
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: email@example.com Please type “Business System Manager” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “Business System Manager – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references. Emails without all this information WILL NOT be reviewed.