About Fowler Education
Fowler Education pioneers unique educational programs and technology products for the African market. Our mission is to deliver high-quality, market-relevant education at scale that connects youth in Africa to meaningful employment.
Fowler Education includes the Akilah Institute, a pioneer in women’s education for emerging markets with a campus in Rwanda and a second East African campus opening in 2018, specializing in competency-based education and the skills needed for the 21st-century workforce, and MindSky, an online careers platform for university students and graduates entering the job market.
We build visionary software designed to address the needs and limitations of edge-of-the-internet users: digital non-natives in low-bandwidth environments and using mobile devices. We are looking for people who are excited to bring cutting-edge technology to underserved populations and are eager to solve the unique puzzles and problems that presents.
This role calls for a technology strategist and personnel manager with at least three years’ hands-on experience in programming in at least two of the following languages: PHP, Java, Python, Ruby.
This role is chiefly responsible for managing a team of developers to satisfactorily deliver features against requirements, and for coordinating the implementation, administration, training, maintenance, and data quality across all business systems. The product manager manages the technical team’s release lifecycle and quality assurance process.
The role works in partnership with the Chief Information Officer and the Director of Business Systems to understand the business needs of various departments across Fowler, and defines the product requirements and acceptance criteria to build products and systems to solve for those business needs.
- Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers
- Define product requirements and release planning for MindSky and Akilah Institute website features, including:
- Analytics and reporting dashboards for several key user profiles
- Two-way Salesforce/MindSky database sync
- Employer dashboard improvements, including UI updates
- Ongoing maintenance and improvements based on user feedback
- Systems administration:
- Define and manage database integrations and manage records between Salesforce, learner relationship management system, MindSky platform, and other technologies
- Be responsible for managing user and contact information, permission sets, custom objects, workflow rules, email alerts, reports, and dashboards, etc. with the help of a team of developers and SF administrators
- Establish process models to maintain a high-level of system integrity and reliability across business systems
- Fowler Education is launching a new blended learning model and school that is heavily reliant on a combination of in-person and online curriculum delivery. We are defining the business model, which calls for a product manager to design the systems and technology to deliver this educational model to students:
- Work across the organization and with outside consultants to prepare for a late-2018 launch of a new blended education model
- Understand the requirements of the academic model and articulate the modifications necessary to our implementation of a learner relationship management system
- Own the product roadmap and develop the strategy for the team and resources necessary to build the right systems to develop the blended learning model
- Adapt our Salesforce instance and entire systems architecture to best fit changing needs of a blended learning model across Fowler
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Willingness to work in Nairobi, Kenya
- Familiarity with full-stack development and Node.js frameworks
- Prior experience managing developers and releases
- Competent working with Node.js and various AWS services
- Experience developing websites in WordPress
- Experience developing web-based applications with Node.js
Ready to join our team? Write an email addressed to Anastasia Uglova (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining your interest in the role and our organization, and include your CV.