Department: Recruitment and Admissions
Reports to: Deputy Director of Recruitment and Admissions (DDRA)
Status: From April 1, 2017
Working closely with: Admissions, Monitoring & Evaluation, and Information Systems Manager
The Akilah Institute for Women is a higher learning institution in East Africa offering a unique model of market-relevant education that enables young women to achieve economic independence and obtain leadership roles in the workplace and in society. Akilah brings together the most promising female leaders from Rwanda and the surrounding region for an innovative diploma program. Our hands-on and project-based curriculum is developed in partnership with the local private sector. Students choose a specialized track in Entrepreneurship (ENT), Information Systems (IS), or Hospitality Management (HM). Akilah students graduate with the market-relevant skills required for meaningful employment in the fastest-growing sectors of the economy.
The Position: Akilah is seeking to hire an individual with a strong passion for data collection and management. The Admissions Data Intern will be responsible for providing technical data support to the Recruitment and Admissions Team during the application season as well as during data cleanup and analysis. The position is based in Kigali at our campus in Kibagabaga.
- Manage applicant data across platforms, including JotForm, Salesforce, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Ensure that accurate applicant and student information is entered, organized and regularly updated in our user-friendly data management platforms on a daily basis. This includes daily database management through Salesforce
- Assist in creating data management procedures and training materials to ensure an effective and efficient data collection and management process for future use
- In collaboration with the M & E Specialist, IT staff, and admissions staff, ensure all technology and tools are prepared for data collection during the admissions cycle and troubleshoot any problems that may arise with the technology on a daily basis
- Assist in performing data analysis and producing statistical and graphical reports – as requested
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database/s as required, incorporating suggestions and amendments
- Assist in providing support to R & A staff on specific data required from them in relation to the different indicators they are monitoring (e.g. attendance for assessments, communications, grades, payment, successful enrollment, etc.)
- Manage admissions mini-lab and assist applicants on campus to apply.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Significant experience in cleaning and analyzing data and producing reports using Microsoft Excel
- Preferred but not a must: Professional experience in Jotform, Salesforce
- Experience using Microsoft Excel databases required
- Experience using document-sharing platforms, such as Google Drive and Dropbox
- Demonstrated interest in database management as well as international development, women’s empowerment, and education
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information both during and after the employment period
- Must have advanced proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda