The Akilah Institute is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to spearhead its social media and email marketing strategies.
The Akilah Institute is Rwanda’s only women’s college. It offers a unique model of market-relevant education that prepares women to launch successful careers in the fastest-growing sectors of the economy. Since 2010, Akilah’s diploma programs have equipped hundreds of women with the academic, professional, and leadership skills necessary to start their careers and advance rapidly into management roles.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing all of Akilah’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. She or he will also devise and implement email marketing campaigns, manage email lists and segmentation, and develop strategies to grow Akilah’s email readership. The Digital Marketing Manager will also create content for Akilah’s blog, including text posts, photos, and short videos.
This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Execute social media strategy across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Grow audiences across platforms
- Research and implement best social media practices
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, or video)
- Optimize social media accounts to increase the visibility of social content
- Moderate all user-generated content and address questions/concerns
- Create social media calendars and schedules
- Analyze social data/metrics and use these to guide social media strategy
- Report on conversions (defined by audience segment) generated from social media
- Identify target audiences and grow Akilah’s respective email lists, which include donors/investors, employer partners, prospective students, and more
- Design and implement email marketing campaigns
- Use segmentation to customize email messaging to diverse audiences
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Produce bi-monthly newsletters for various audiences, including Akilah’s organization-wide updates
- Customize email templates using graphics, text, and video
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication with subscribers via email to minimize unsubscribes
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Report on conversions (defined by audience segment) generated from email marketing
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
Blog/Content Creation Responsibilities
- Attend Akilah-related events
- Write blog posts that showcase students, alumnae, staff, campus developments, new programs, and Akilah involvement/leadership in relevant sectors (business, entrepreneurship, ICT, hospitality)
- Capture content (including photos and videos) for blog, social media, external reports, donor communications, alumnae handbooks, annual reports, etc.
- At least two years of experience in email marketing, social media, and/or digital marketing
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms and analytics tools. (You will be asked to provide two social media feeds during the interview process.)
- Experience with MailChimp is an advantage
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong reporting and storytelling skills required
- Video and photography experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English
Please email Lauren Everitt at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter. In your email, please include the following: 1.) Three ways you would improve Akilah’s social media feeds. 2.) Links to two business or personal social media feeds you manage.