Title: Entrepreneurship Instructor
Reports to: The Academic Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The Akilah Institute for Women aims to build future generations of women leaders and professionals in East Africa through the development of a network of campuses. At Akilah, we bring together the most promising young from Rwanda for an innovative three-year program that prepares them for professional careers and leadership roles. Our hands-on and project-based curriculum is developed in partnership with the local private sector. Students start with a foundational year of English, math and leadership immersion before choosing a specialized track in Entrepreneurship, Information Systems (IS), or Hospitality Management. Students graduate with the market-relevant skills required for meaningful employment in the fastest growing sectors of the economy.
Akilah’s second diploma program, Entrepreneurship, was launched in 2013. We are searching for an innovative and dynamic candidate for the position of Entrepreneurship Instructor. This individual will be responsible for teaching entrepreneurship related courses to Akilah students. Further, the Entrepreneurship Instructor will work in collaboration with the Academic Director and Director of Curriculum and Professional Development to ensure the Entrepreneurship diploma program prepares students for success in the East African context.
- The Entrepreneurship/Business Instructor will be responsible for performing to the best of his/her abilities, all assigned duties specifically including without limitation, the following:
- Design curriculum and lesson plans for Entrepreneurship/business related courses and provide ongoing feedback on the effectiveness of those business related courses
- Ensure the effective delivery of general business and entrepreneurship classes to Akilah learners
- Invigilate and assess weekly and monthly exams
- Effectively deliver interactive learning modules using a student centered learning approach
- Provide students with objective and well-timed feedback on their performance
- Ensure marking/grading and reporting of students’ performance is carried out in a regular, timely manner and as per the deadlines set by Akilah
- Ensure students’ attendance is taken daily via the Students Management System (OpenSis).
- Alert the Principal regarding particular attendance issues faced by students for effective and appropriate timely management
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior and discipline by establishing and enforcing Akilah rules and procedures
- Perform other duties including but not limited to counseling students with academic challenges and providing student encouragement
- Assist Akilah in the launching of incubation centers for student run businesses
- Provide support and guidance to Akilah students as they develop their business plans and ideas
- Make necessary recommendations to the management regarding improvements to the overall entrepreneurship program and environment at Akilah
- Assist in the development of new curriculum as needed
- Assist with special events, campus activities, etc. as required
- Demonstrate flexibility and teach any other related courses as per the need of the Institute
Deadline: 30th October, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis