Position: Executive Assistant to the Country Director, Rwanda
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: 2-year minimum commitment, full-time
Note: This position is only open to Rwandan citizens
The Executive Assistant will assist the Country Director in managing administrative, operational and development related tasks. S/He will be responsible for providing confidential, complex and high level administrative assistance to the Country Director of Akilah. S/he will act as liaison between the General Manager, Regional Director, and other senior level executives. This position requires the frequent use of discretion, prudence, initiative, and independent judgment.
Writing & Communication
- Writing and creating materials such as press releases, speeches, presentations, email correspondence, donor communication, and reports.
- Managing content and relationships across social media channels.
- Researching compiling and summarizing a variety of informational materials for use by the Country Director; investigates various administrative matters and prepares draft reports or recommendations.
- Including but not limited to, interfacing with staff in multiple countries, managing the CD’s schedule, organizing and prioritizing emails, creating presentations, organizing & updating contacts, placing calls & taking diligent notes, filing all correspondence & documents in their proper places.
- Attending and participating in Executive team meetings and external meetings as required.
- Assist in managing both international & in-country relationships for international by corresponding and meeting with donors and partners and managing contacts in our SalesForce database.
- Assist in planning of logistics and hosting of campus visitors.
- Manage ongoing aspects of various projects and deadlines (for example, Akilah Graduation planning, Research Projects, Surveys, etc.)
Requirements for Applications:
- Rwandan National Candidates only
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or another relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in administration in Education, NGO or other relevant setting
- Advanced IT skills – Outlook (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), Word (Advanced), PowerPoint (Advanced), and Internet
- Exceptional organizational and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and committed work ethic
- Ability to handle administrative details independently
- Ability to prioritise in situations when one is multi-tasking
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
How to apply for the Executive Assistant Position:
Apply by sending your CV and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Executive Assistant Applications ONLY).
Subject line must read: Executive Assistant Application.
Your cover letter should address how you fulfill the requirements of the position.
Deadline for applications:
Applications should be submitted by September 7, 2015 at 12:00pm.