The Akilah Institute is seeking a Graphic Design Associate to join our fast-growing organization. We are looking for candidates who are early in their careers with an interest in creative communications and visual design work and who thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
The associate will ideally have studied graphic design at the university level or have 1-2 years of experience with graphic design. Our perfect candidate is somebody with solid technical skills who knows the rules of design and wants to learn how to break them.
The Graphic Design Associate will work with the Communications Team to support the execution of the new Akilah Institute brand. He or she will receive professional development support and gain valuable experience in design and creative branding. The associate will play an exciting, growth-oriented role in an environment that combines visual design, branding, and marketing.
- Assist in the designing and editing of all visual aspects of the Akilah Institute’s marketing efforts, including, but not limited to, newsletters, emails, postcards, social media content, the Akilah website, event graphics, campaign shoots, and printed materials
- Develop graphic content for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Edit internal photos, graphics, and other documentation on an as-needed basis
- Develop Akilah’s brand aesthetic and support the brand’s visual identity
- Monitor the integrity of the brand across all departments of the organization
Our Ideal Candidate:
We welcome candidates who are eager to learn, curious, and have a genuine desire to solve creative challenges. We expect the Graphic Design Associate to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team. He or she will also need to be detailed oriented, have the ability to manage their time efficiently, and possess a positive attitude coupled with a diligent work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with a focus on design and/or marketing
- Digital Marketing or graphic design internship experience or equivalent coursework
- Willingness to learn and continually improve
- Resident of the East African Community and willingness to be based in Kigali, Rwanda
- Proficient in Adobe software programs, including, but not limited to: PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please submit a response to the following questions. Applicants who do not include a response will not be considered.
- How did you hear about the Akilah Institute?
- Why do you want to work with us?
- What is your favorite Akilah design and why?
- What is a design we could improve on? How would you improve it?
- Share a design you created that you are proud of and explain why.