Position: Hospitality Lecturer, Rwanda
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: 2-year minimum commitment, full-time
Akilah is searching for an energetic candidate for the position of Hospitality Management Lecturer. Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the Hospitality Management Lecturer will play a lead role in ensuring smooth and effective delivery of the Hospitality Management curriculum. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative teacher.
- Deliver Food and Beverage Management, Hotel property management and other Tourism related courses to Akilah students
- Invigilate and assess weekly and monthly exams and practical training exams
- Collaborate with Akilah Career Development Manager to reach out to key partners for hands on training opportunities for students
- Deliver all classes in compliance with Akilah’s learning pedagogy
- Provide students with objective and timely feedback
- Update all necessary academic records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior and discipline by establishing and enforcing Akilah rules and procedures
- Perform other duties including but not limited to counseling students with academic challenges and providing student encouragement
Career Growth and Development
Akilah invests in significant professional development opportunities for all team members. Due to rapid growth of the organization, we regularly have new roles opening up and there are many opportunities for career development and growth.
- 3-5 years of experience in a teaching/training hospitality industry
- Masters degree in Hospitality Management or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and databases
- Demonstrated passion for working with young women, empowering them through education, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a commitment to the mission of Akilah
- Excitement about working in a vibrant and evolving start-up environment
- Extraordinarily resilient, positive and pro-active character
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- An engaging and collaborative leadership style with mature interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle and manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
Please visit AkilahInstitute.org/careers
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for application:
June 15, 2014
Ideal start date
July 14, 2014
Competitive compensation, health insurance, campus crèche, gym membership, generous PTO, 1 annual round-trip flight to home country