Position: Office Manager
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: 2-year minimum commitment, full-time.
This position is only open to Rwandan citizens.
Position Summary: Akilah seeks an Office Manager who will be responsible for the daily coordination and management of support services for the Kigali campus. The position reports to the Country Director.
1. Reception Services:
- Manage reception services and scheduling of all facilities.
- Coordinate and support the effective operation of the phone.
- Provide oversight for incoming, outgoing and bulk mail processes.
2. Office Management
- Manage community, meeting and office space in the building, including layout, storage, ergonomics, repairs and cleanliness. Manage volunteer space needs.
- Manage Akilah system for scheduling meeting and training spaces.
- Serve as back-up to other members of the Business Office in Accounts Payable and Cash Receipts.
3. Equipment and Supplies Management
- Manage the purchasing, maintenance, staff training and assistance on all office equipment
- Manage the inventory of consumable supplies and the vendor relationships.
- Manage print needs.
- Manage the laptop and projection reservations for IT Manager.
- Provide support to the IT Manager by serving as the initial go-to person for computer questions.
Education, Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Familiarity with maintenance of various office equipment and telephone systems.
- Demonstrated ability with MS Office
- Quick learner and willingness to take on new tasks and projects